NISM Series V-A: From 0 to Hero – My Journey to 71% & AMFI Registration
NISM Series V-A: My "0 to Hero" Journey (Scored 71% in First Attempt!)
Welcome to my NISM V-A Preparation Guide!
I am thrilled to share that I have successfully cleared the NISM Series V-A: Mutual Fund Distributors exam with a score of 71% on my very first try. Today, I am a proud AMFI Registered Mutual Fund Distributor, actively working with leading platforms like AssetPlus and Prudent.
If you are starting from zero, don't worry—I am going to share the exact roadmap, handwritten notes, and mock tests that helped me ace this exam.
Everything You Need to Know About NISM 5A
The NISM Series V-A is the gateway to the mutual fund industry. It covers the end-to-end mechanics of mutual funds, from legal structures to scheme selection.
Key Exam Highlights:
No Negative Marking: You can safely attempt all 100 questions.
Passing Score: You only need 50% to qualify.
AMFI Registration: Passing this is mandatory to get your ARN and start your career as a distributor.
Exam Weightage: Where to Focus?
To score high like I did, you must prioritize units with the highest marks. Here is the official weightage for all 12 units:
| Unit No. | Unit Name | Weightage |
| Unit 1 | Investment Landscape | 8% |
| Unit 2 | Concept & Role of a Mutual Fund | 6% |
| Unit 3 | Legal Structure of Mutual Funds in India | 4% |
| Unit 4 | Legal and Regulatory Framework | 10% |
| Unit 5 | Scheme Related Information | 10% |
| Unit 6 | Fund Distribution and Channel Management | 6% |
| Unit 7 | NAV, Total Expense Ratio (TER) and Pricing | 8% |
| Unit 8 | Taxation | 4% |
| Unit 9 | Investor Services | 15% |
| Unit 10 | Risk, Return and Performance of Funds | 7% |
| Unit 11 | Mutua | 7% |
| Unit 12 | Mutual Fund Scheme Selection | 15% |
My Roadmap for You
I am committed to helping you pass this exam easily. Over the next few days, I will be posting:
Chapter-wise Short Notes: Simplified versions of my personal handwritten notes for all 12 units.
Solved MCQs: Dedicated mock tests for every chapter to ensure you're exam-ready.
Check all my blogs regularly to access the full revision library and start your journey to becoming an AMFI registered professional today!
Dhaval Visariya
AMFI Registered Distributor (ARN-327925) | Software Developer & Finance Enthusiast
Connect with me:
LinkedIn |
Telegram |
YouTube |
GitHub |
Medium
Disclaimer: I am an AMFI Registered Mutual Fund Distributor. Views expressed here are for educational purposes. Mutual Fund investments are subject to market risks, read all scheme related documents carefully.
📧 Contact: info.apollofinancialservices@gmail.com
.png)
Comments
Post a Comment